Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fun in Texas (yes, it is possible)

I had my list of people to see while I was in Texas, and I got to almost everyone... One person in particular was my Lizard- and not just because I missed her smiling face, but I had committed to do something just for her...
I lived with Elizabeth for a year, and in that time I learned all kinds of fun facts! Fact: Lizard likes red wine. Fact: Lizard forgets to blow candles out before leaving the house. Fact: Lizard sings like an angel- in distress. And most importantly for this story... Fact: Lizard hates unshaven legs. This is the kind of information you have to do something special with! Ladies, what sucks more than shaving? Yes, good answer- shaving in the cold! And New York was cold, so what was I not doing? Shaving! (Readers at this time should know exactly where this is going unless you have no sense of humor or do not know me at all.) I talked to Elizabeth about a week after I moved and somehow leg shaving came up and I commented that I hadn't made that a priority since pants were a staple in my dresscode. She just couldn't believe it- she actually sounded more scared than disgusted! An idea was born! Mwaahahahahahahaaaa! I committed right then and there to not shaving my legs so that when I came home I could rub them on her. Hilarious. I kept my word- and it was really hard sometimes- but I had to see this through! The best part was that she forgot. I went to see her and Pie for wine and bull-shit like the good old days and then... BAM! LEGS! Lizard freaked and squealed as I had hoped. Pie put her hand over her mouth and looked genuinely concerned for my health and safety. I assured them that since my mission had been completed I would shave. I left that night feeling very accomplished and happy. It could have been the 3 bottles of wine we knocked out though...
Being home for Christmas allowed me to be there for Traci's birthday! YAY! I had alllll kinds of great birthday activities in mind- laser-tag, ice-skating, putt-putt... but nooooo, she wanted to be all adult and go have sushi. Selfish bitch. :) The sushi was perfect, the company was fantastic, the beers were cold, the darts were so far from the bullseye we quit...
The only downfall of the evening was that the bar closed at 2. I have really adjusted to this open til atleast 4 thing the bars have going on in NYC... But fear not, there were still drinks to be made and games to be played! FINALLY... WE HAD 4 PEOPLE FOR SPADES! Yes, that's right, it is that exciting. Traci, Andy, and I are game players... heavy duty game players always in search of a fourth. Joseph was our fourth that night... that glorious, ridiculous night. We awoke well rested the next afternoon. I checked my phone and saw that my mom had sent me a text: Steaks for dinner. Holy crap... life couldn't get any better. Oh, and she wanted to watch How To Train Your Dragon. Score!
It was rainning like crazy outside and I couldn't see any lines on the road, but I didn't need vision while driving because I had something stronger leading me home. Steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment